Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mom's Day!

Happy birthday Mom! Today is my mom's birthday. I'm sure you caught that by now. Sadly I cannot be out there to celebrate it with her again, but it was great getting to see her a couple weeks ago.


Now, what do I say about my mother? She's amazing. Anyone who has met her can testify to this. There are so many great qualities that describe my mother, so I'll just name a few.

She's always put her children first. When we were younger, she did a great job at making sure we learned what we needed to for our life's journey. She was and still is a fantastic teacher. She has always put her children's happiness very up high on her priority list. If her children are happy, she's happy. She has always wanted the best for her children. She has been such a great example to me about how to be a good friend and a loving mother. I love being able to consider my mother one of my best friends. I am so grateful for all the hard work she did to help raise us. I know it wasn't easy for her, but she kept at it day in and day out.


She is a very strong woman. She is very caring and compassionate. She is hard working and driven. She does a fantastic job at making us laugh, even if we're mostly laughing at her. She has a great ability of not taking things too seriously. She's got a wonderful sense of humor. She's easy to get along with, because she will accept people as they are, faults and all. Like I said, she's pretty much amazing!

I love spending time with my mom. I love our phone conversations and getting emails from her. I love knowing how much she cares about me because she doesn't let me forget it. I love hearing from her, even if it's just saying, "I was just thinking about you." I hope she know how much I care about her. I hope she knows how amazing I think she is.

I love you Mom! Thanks for everything! I wouldn't trade you or anything about you for the world!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm Amazed you could think of so many Amazing things to say! Thanks for your sweet words and the love and respect you've always shown to me. Being your mother has been an Amazing blessing (and I'm not even kidding)!!!