Saturday, June 13, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday...

So happy birthday... Ashley! My stepsister turns another year older today. Ashley is amazing to me. She's one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met, both inside and out. I didn't really get to know her until a few years ago because she was living across the country. But I am so glad we've developed the relationship we have.

Ashley is one of the most compassionate people I've met. She's so sweet to everyone she meets. She makes everyone feel important and loved. She always seems to be happy and positive. But she's also totally herself. She doesn't try to be something she's not. She also has become an amazing mother. It's fun to see her and hear her stories about being a mom.

Ashley is extremely talented as well. She has an amazing voice and such a great gift for writing songs. Lish and I loved getting to go hear her play when we lived in Utah. She really does have a wonderful talent.

We love having Ashley in the fam! She is someone I really look up to (figuratively, because she's short) and admire. Happy birthday Ashley! I hope it's a great one!

1 comment:

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

I wish even 1/4 of that were true, but I sure do love you! Thanks for being so thoughtful! I can't wait to see you when you come out to visit!