Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life Back in the West

I haven't written for a while, and I haven't mentioned anything about how we're doing back in Utah. We've been back for almost a month already! We're already in a routine here and we're remembering how much we love summer nights. You just don't get them like that in Tallahassee.

Anyway, when we got here Memorial Day weekend, we got to see a lot of family. We had so much help when we were moving all of our belongings. We had some family pictures taken with Lish's side of the family, since Maggie and Brandon were out.
I wasn't scheduled to start working for another week, so we spent the week settling in and getting organized. We had to reopen bank accounts, visit new doctors, figure out insurance stuff (still working on that one...) and took some time to relax and rejuvenate. Now we're both in life's groove out here. I'm working at my dad's law firm, for one of his partners. I'm in my 3rd week of work, and it's going great! I get to see my dad almost every day and my sister almost every day. The people are so easy to be around and are so willing to help. I don't have to be into work until 11 and I only stay until about 5:30 or so. It's fabulous! I love having time to sleep until 8, wake up and exercise, and take my time getting ready for the day. I get to eat breakfast while sitting down, instead of running around getting my stuff together like before. And Lish makes me lunch every day, unless my dad offers to take me out to lunch. I couldn't ask for a better job right now!

Lish's "dissertating" is going well. He's ahead of schedule, just by a week or so. I'm proud of him and all the focus he has. He's very hard working and so determined to get this done. He's been helping out a lot around the house and I know Karen and Scott have really appreciated that. He's pretty much amazing.

We love being close to family out here. We love the weather we've been having so far and love spending our nights outside. We don't get eaten alive by bugs out here and we don't feel sticky from humidity when we walk back inside. Life has been busy, but it's been wonderful!

PS. Here is a pregnancy picture for any of those who care. This was taken last week, so 16 weeks! My belly is growing, which is a good sign!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You make me miss living in Utah! I hope we make it back someday too. Very cute belly!

sara elizabeth said...

hey there! I just came across your blog. Congratulations on the pregnancy - you look great and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. It still blows me away that our bodies can build another human being, even after having had three babies.
xo
Sara (Martin)