Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sometimes I Run

It's official: I have signed up for the St. George Marathon on October 6th. I'm excited to accomplish this goal, but not so excited for training. Especially since the training months are over the hottest months of the year. But whatever. You can just remind me that I knew what I was getting myself into.

A couple Saturdays ago I went running with a friend. When we met up, she asked where I wanted to run, and I said, "I kind of want to run to Arizona." She said, "That's funny. I do, too!" So we did. It was longer than I expected it to be, and there was a cycling race on the road we were running down. I suppose it was motivating to be running with so many people passing us. As we were running, one of the race photographers took our picture:
Yes, we look lovely. It was a fun run and it's great to have this little reminder of it.

3 comments:

Erin_C said...

I heart running too. Granted, I max out at 5 miles so I wouldn't make it to Arizona :) That is awesome. And what a cool picture to have! You guys do look great :)

Doug Griffith said...

I am so proud of you wanting to run a manathon. Something you can brag about for the rest of your life. You look great running.

Anonymous said...

KarenG says:
Terrific photo! You are amazing to try this. I know the training will be tough, even on Lishy missing you while you run!!