Saturday, February 8, 2014

Year in Review - 2013

Remember how I used to be really good about blog posts? I would even write about stuff no one cared about. That's how much I had to say. Those were the days. Before I had a toddler. Before I had school. Before I watched our neighbor's baby. Before I got pregnant again and had a toddler. Before I had a newborn and a toddler. I guess what I'm trying to say is toddlers ruin everything. I'm kidding, mostly. I love my little man.

Anyway, my sister and sister-in-laws have inspired me to catch up on my blog. There is no way I can fit everything that happened in, so I'm doing a condensed version. Let's say this is what my Christmas letter/card would have said if we had sent them out this year. Here we go.

You know how at the end of the year you think, "How will next year top this?" That's how it was for me last year. It was a great year. We found out in January that we were expecting. (Great way to start the year, right?) I also started working on my Master's degree through Southern Utah University in Sports Conditioning and Performance. In February we went on the annual winter family cabin trip. Always a good time there.


We took a trip down to Arizona in March to visit some friends.

I want to say April was pretty low key. (I hope I'm not missing something there.) We did have some family come visit us that month.

In May we headed up to northern Utah because my sister and her husband were graduating. A few days after graduation, my mom, sister, and I took a trip out to NYC for a few days. It was rainy and fabulous!

June was a busy month. I had to go onto campus every day for two weeks for school. Then Lish went out to DC to play a part in our good friend's baptism. Then we headed up north to meet our niece Grace.


July was not quite as busy. It was the last month I watched Presley, which was bittersweet for me.
In August we headed to Huntington Beach. That was a great trip, again. I also had a baby shower that month and we just tried to get things ready for the baby.



Lish and I went on our first overnight trip in September with just the two of us and no Yale. We went to Vegas and it was so much fun. The rest of the month we just played the waiting game. And we waiting right up until the end of the month. Brooklyn was finally born on September 30th at 11:24 at night. It was a perfect way to round out that month!


October was chalked full of visitors. It was a little crazy with a new baby, but at the same time it was nice to not be alone with two kids very much.

In November, Lish, Brooklyn and I headed out to Atlanta for Lish's Criminology conference. Yale headed up north to bounce around between grandparents for a week. I think he had fun but he had some separation anxiety when he got home. My dad and Alisia came down for Thanksgiving. It was fun to host them and have a  big Thanksgiving feast.



December was another busy month. First we had Yale's first friend birthday party. We went to the fire station. It was a success. Then we had some family come down for Brooklyn's baby blessing, but it snowed here in St. George more than it had snowed in over 100 years. That was a little crazy. We ended up having the blessing at home because church was cancelled. Then Lish's dad, sister, and her kids all came to our house for a few days. And we all got sick. But it was still crazy and fun. A couple days later we headed up north for Christmas. We were still sick, which was not fun, but it's always a good time to spend the holidays with loved ones.








That was pretty much our year. Like I said, it was a good one. We saw lots of family, took a few trips, had a baby. Even though it's already February, I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us!