Monday, July 26, 2010

So Far . . .

. . . I love being back in Utah. I don't really expect that to change, so I'm not sure why I prefaced it that way, but oh well.

I love being close to family. I love working with them, seeing them on the weekends, going on vacations with them, even living with them. I knew I missed them, but I didn't know how much I missed them until we came back. I'm so lucky to have such amazing people to call family!

I love experiencing a Utah summer. I've forgotten how amazing they can be. Especially compared with the summers in Tallahassee. There is little to no humidity. There are no bugs. (I know Utahns say there are bugs, but trust me, there are no bugs.) It actually cools off when you're in the shade and at night. I love going on runs here. I love eating dinner outside. I love the walks I take with my husband just about every night. It's so beautiful and so peaceful.

I love the mountains. They are majestic. There is no other way to really describe them. They are so big and beautiful and each one is unique. I love looking up at the mountains, being on top of the mountains and looking down, seeing all the bicyclists trying to go up them. It's quite entertaining really. And impressive.

Of course there are some downsides to being back in Utah. For example, the construction. Especially on the roads. It's everywhere and it's like this every summer. They never finish, I swear. Then there's the people. Lots of great people live here, don't get me wrong, but so many of the people here are the same. I miss the diversity. And I'm not going to lie, I miss going to church outside of Utah. Maybe I was just spoiled with a great ward in Tallahassee (no maybe really, I was definitely spoiled), but this ward is just not the same.

Anyway, life is grand and I'm so glad we are where we are. Still missing my Tally friends of course, but that's expected.

5 comments:

kaylene said...

i super agree with everything in this post, and it's making me really need a trip to utah! like, i was happy to move out of utah, but then when you are away it is hard to not miss it... there is lots to love about a utah summer (especially the no bugs! that always amazed me)

Doug Griffith said...

Every place you go has things you love and things you don't, but any place you go becomes what you make it. We love having you and Lish in Utah. I cherish seeing you nearly every day. I know it is only temporary but I will enjoy every moment while it lasts.

Maggie said...

I am SO glad you guys get this time to be close to family-- be spoiled by family-- and to even start your family with family!

Maggie said...

I am SO glad you guys get this time to be close to family-- be spoiled by family-- and to even start your family with family!

Matt and Jami said...

That really made me homesick for Utah, but I am so happy you are back with your family. And your right, your ward in Tally was amazing!!