Thursday, August 19, 2010

Going Back

I've realized that I haven't written at all about the trip we took earlier this month out to California. Shame on me.

So, we went to California earlier this month (in case you hadn't caught that) to visit Lish's dad and stepmom. It was absolutely lovely! So lovely in fact, that I didn't take one single picture. Not one. Who am I and what have I become? Honestly.

We didn't even do much while we were out there. That's what I love about those vacations. It's a perfect time to enjoy each other and relax, which is exactly what we did. We went to the gym, laid by the pool, went out for ice cream, had a couple of delicious homemade meals, played games, went to a movie, went shopping and slept. Like I said, lovely!

The day we went out shopping we actually hit a couple of adorable baby shops. I loved looking at the baby gear and was getting excited to start getting our baby stuff together. (Yeah, we still haven't done a thing.) Then Bev, my stepmother-in-law, told me she wanted to buy us a couple things for the baby and to go ahead and pick something or a few things out. I started panicking. I needed everything, so where was I supposed to start? After my head almost exploded (but not really) I finally picked out some swaddling blankets and a warm sleeper. Both necessities. I felt very satisfied with my choices and so grateful to Bev for getting those things for us and the baby.

It was a wonderful vacation and we're so glad we got to go out to visit them! Thanks for all you do Mitch and Bev!

No comments: