Monday, September 19, 2011

Settled and Living It

Man, I am awful with this blogging stuff now. I'm going to stop apologizing for not blogging, because it seems to be a habit of mine now. Maybe I've already said that too, but maybe saying that is another habit of mine. I don't know. Where am I going with this? No where. That's where.

Anywho, since our crazy summer, life has settled. And it's lovely. Well, it was a weird struggle for me, but now it's lovely. It's been nice to stay at our home for longer than a two week period. And to figure things out, such as paint colors, what nick-knacks should go where, our leaky toilet that we had to replace, and our roof that was also leaking that we had to get fixed. Ah, the joys of home ownership!

The weird struggle I mentioned earlier went like this: We had been gone so much over the summer, and had so many visitors, and Lish's schedule was such that he got to be around more often than usual. But when we got home from all those trips and the new semester started, I felt alone. And I was stressed. I'm not even "alone" for that long. Lish's schedule is still awesome in the fact that he can be home to help out a lot. And he is home helping out a lot. But I just had to transition back to that stay-at-home mode.

Also, I miss having friends. Lish made me promise him a couple weeks ago that I would ask someone out for a lunch date. So today, I asked out two different girls to lunch. Through facebook. We'll see what happens. I miss having a social life. I'm working on it. I felt myself going into a bit of a depression a month or two ago. But as I was sitting in church this past Sunday, I was looking around and thought, "This is my home ward. This is my ward." For some reason, it lifted me out of my funk. I had a renewed aspiration to make friends. And to get out and do stuff. And it felt good. I feel good. And that's happy.

In other news, Lish's semester is going well. He's teaching five classes, which is keeping him busy. But he has no classes on Fridays, which is great for us. Lots of time with our favorite man! There was a meeting last Friday with the Utah State Board of Regents, and they approved the Bachelor's degree that Lish wrote and worked on last semester. It's the first degree offered in the state of Utah that is a Criminal Justice degree with an emphasis in Criminology. I'm so proud of him!

Yale is adorable. He is getting his two upper teeth right now, so his nose is so stuffy. It's sad. He's crawling like crazy. He crawls away from us (because he can't run yet). His balance is getting so much better. He can stand for a few seconds at a time. And he's walking around tables and other furniture. He's growing up fast. We love him and love being able to spend so much time with him.

Here is an adorable picture from when we went to the park last week. It's always the perfect way to end a post.

3 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

Have I told you how cute Yale is? And so are you! I miss you too and hope that things get better. That's awesome about Lish...way to marry such a smartie pants!

Doug Griffith said...

Thanks for another post. I was missing them.

Brett and Nikki said...

I know what you mean with the whole no friends/depression thing :) We just moved to a new ward about a month ago and it's been a pretty rough adjustment for me too. I'll have to work on the, "this is my home ward" thing too... thanks for the epiphany :)