Thursday, September 22, 2011

Visitors Like Us

For the first time since we've been in our "big kids" house (I don't feel grown up enough to accept the fact that we're homeowners), my dad and stepmom came down to visit last weekend. It was so wonderful to have them here and we only wish they could have stayed a little longer. But, as luck would have it, or just absent-mindedness, I did not take a single picture. Nope. Notta one. Sorry to disappoint.

On with the weekend then! They got down here on Friday afternoon. We just sat around and chatted, they played with Yale, we gave them the grand tour (it is quite grand) and we just relaxed for a couple hours. Then we got ready for the evening and went onto campus so Lish could show them his office. Afterwards, we headed to dinner, ate some delicious grub, and then drove up to my aunt and uncle's house. My cousin and aunt were going to watch Yale while the rest of us went to a play, so we got there early enough to visit and so I could try to get Yale to sleep. Then we headed on up the road and saw Tuachan's "The Little Mermaid." It was so fun and they did such a great job. We were glad we got to see it! Every show is sold out, so if that doesn't tell you something, I will. It was good. Really good. The props and everything were really cool. Really. If you, too, got to see it, YAY!

Saturday was a special day. That morning we all went into Snow Canyon. My dad and I jetted off on a run while Lish, Yale, and Alisia went for a walk. My dad and I ran 9 miles (gearing up for another half marathon next month) in under 90 minutes. I just have to brag about this because it never happens, but at the end of the run we try to sprint (by that time it's more of a hobble-y scanter) and I started sprinting faster than my dad. I beat him! I don't expect it to happen again any time soon. Hence the brag. Moving on...after our run we went out for some breakfast at Kneaders. It was Lish's first experience with their French toast, and he loved it. Later that day we went for a bike ride. Yale wasn't feeling it so much, so it didn't last long. That night we went for another nice dinner. They left early Sunday morning because they had church duties to attend to.

But the weekend was wonderful! We're so glad they were able to come down and we can't wait until they come down to visit again!

1 comment:

Doug Griffith said...

Thanks for such a great time in St. George. We had so much fun. I'm afraid you beating me at the end of a run is the beginning of a new phase in our relationship. (and it stinks)