Saturday, December 3, 2011

ONE

Yale turned one today. One. ONE. One? A year? Oh my goodness. My baby is growing up. I did not know this was going to happen. . . so fast.

This past year has been full of ups and even higher ups. And a few downs. I'm not unrealistic here. I'm not saying being a mother is easy. Many women have already discovered this.

In this past year Yale has:

*met several family members and made many, many new friends
*gone from lifting his head, to lifting his chest, to rolling over, to getting up on his knees, to crawling, to standing, to climbing, to taking steps, to dancing, and finally to walking
*went from smiling to laughing to making us laugh
*grown 7 teeth
*gained about 12 pounds
*grown about 8 inches
*given his mother and father more joy than they thought possible

It's been a wonderful year. And I can't wait to have many more with him. And celebrate many more of his birthdays. And watch him continue to grow and grow.

Enjoy some visuals from our monkey's party:








I love him so much and I'm so glad he's in our lives!

3 comments:

Carrie/Mom said...

What a delightful little boy! Thanks for sharing!!

Doug Griffith said...

Every year gets more fun. Yale makes us all laugh.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture with your mustaches! Awesome.