Monday, December 1, 2008

Seriously, it's December?

Hey all! Life has been getting busy, with the holidays here and finals coming up. It's been great! I love this time of year and I hope Lish will learn to love it as much as I do someday, or at least half as much.

I guess it's been a few weeks since we wrote last. Lish had his conference up in St. Louis, and lucky for me, it was a shorter trip than we had originally planned. He had a good time up there though, catching up with his friend from Kentucky, Jim Kanaan, and getting to meet some new people. He told me it kind of gets boring because you don't really know anybody, but it's such a great way to make some contacts. He got some nice compliments from people who want him to apply for teaching positions at their school, so that's always flattering. Since the conference he's been busy doing research papers and other projects for his classes. After this week though, his load will lighten up quite a bit I think.

While Lish was gone at his conference, I didn't do much. It was nice to just relax and have Jazz to hang out with. I finished sewing our Christmas stockings, which was a fun project to work on. Things at work were pretty busy in November, but we've since discharged a lot of patients and haven't been getting as many referrals, but we're still keeping fairly active. I must say though, it was nice to have a long weekend last week. I was in dire need of one.

For the Thanksgiving holiday, Lish and I made a trip down to Jupiter, FL to visit his grandparents. We got to see his cousins, Andrea and Robyn, and their families, and his Aunt and Uncle. It was great to be with family again (especially since I had only met Andrea and Robyn once)! We got to sleep in, exercise, eat lots of wonderful food, go to the beach, eat some more, watch football, go to a museum, watch the new Bond movie, and eat some more. We had a really nice time and the weather was amazing!

This week we're just getting things checked off of our to-do list before we head out for the holidays. We hope everyone else is doing well and can't wait to see some of you in just a few weeks! Take care and keep us updated on life!

No comments: