Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis the Season

I love Christmastime. This isn't unusual. Lots of people love Christmastime. That's why the Christmas decorations start coming out in September (or is it earlier than that now?). But it's hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit here in Florida. It's not that Florida is full of people who don't share in my enthusiasm. In fact, there are some crazies about Christmas around these parts (you know who you are). It's the fact that there is no snow here. The weather has been up in the high 60's and 70's the past couple of days. Now, I'm not complaining about this either, but I grew up in Utah. It's not the same if it's not white. Plus, I'm away from family. A couple thousand miles away from most of them. And I miss them. But, Lish and I are headed out there a week from today! We have a nice long break too! 2 1/2 weeks! We're excited! Lish hasn't been out there since last Christmas. I've been out once since then.

Anyway, to help us get into the spirit a little, we had a little get together last night. Lish just invited some of his fellow grad students over for some Christmas treats. So we baked yesterday. And it was delightful! I made these, and I love them! I also made this, which is so good! I love this blog! Lish made some delicious cranberry muffins and some sugar cookies (well, he put them in the oven). It was fun and got me more in the mood.

I love Christmas and all that it stands for. I know it's completely commercialized now, but I still love it! I am so thankful that Christ came to this earth and taught us about how we should live our lives. I'm grateful for the huge sacrifice He made for me and I love that we get to celebrate Him each year. He is my Savior and I am so thankful for the blessings I have from Him, through His life and His example.

PS. Mother Nature, will you dump some snow on Utah for me this week? That'd be terrific!

6 comments:

Kaylene said...

thank you for mentioning that food blog, i'm so glad about it and i haven't even made anything yet! those cookies look so good!

Nicole said...

I think I'm going to be hooked on that blog now! All those things look so yummy! I know the feeling about snow. It's weird to be a couple weeks from Christmas and be away from family in no-snow. But don't worry. My mom said they're supposed to get another big storm this weekend.

Cristi said...

i like the p.s. to mother nature!

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

I get to see you in 2 days! I'm excited...oh, and no worries, Mother Nature heard your plea.

abbybrossette said...

you got your wish!!! PLENTY of snow for you and Lish. It hadn't snowed until this past weekend. I guess wishes do come true!!

***Julia C. Greenfield Vanikiotis*** said...

We should so go sledding while youre here!! Call me!! Oh and our new address is mountaincreekfoto.blogspot.com