Friday, December 11, 2009

Lish is on the Nice List

I have a head cold. Stuffy nose. Itchy nose. Sneezing. Mostly, it's just my nose. It's not that bad. Really. I've actually been able to sleep at night without snoring, which is fabulous because I wake up without a sore throat. But my husband is a concerned husband. He wants me to be as comfortable as I can be. He's good like that. And he's concerned like that. He doesn't like seeing me sick.

So yesterday when I got home from work, he had made another 'sick station.' Right when I lied down on the bed, a "Gilmore Girls" episode flashed on and a Twix was in my hand. It was amazing. (Now, I know a Twix isn't something you should necessarily give a sick person, but my husband knows me well and knows that chocolate is basically a cure-all.) We had French toast for dinner, and I ate on the mattress. Essentially, it was breakfast-in-bed. And although I spent a majority of the night baking for Christmas parties (work party in an hour, ward's Spanish party later tonight), it was so relaxing. I love my concerned husband. I love how he loves to spoil me with love. That's love!

Maybe someday I'll update the blog-o-sphere about other happenings in our lives. It's not that nothing is going on. It's that so much is going on. That's life.

2 comments:

Doug Griffith said...

That Lish is a good man.

Cristi said...

I know I write teasing remarks all the time but Lish really is a stud. It's because of him and Ryan and that I didn't completely fall apart and become a total mess in high school. Hope you're feeling better!