Friday, December 4, 2009

MIL Birthday!

Hey y'all! MIL stands for "Mother-in-law," just in case you didn't catch that. It's Lish's mom's birthday today! And this shout out is for her!

Happy birthday Karen! First of all, you are wonderful. Everything about you is wonderful. You are one of the most caring and thoughtful people I know. You're always doing things to help everybody, especially your family. And you do such a great job at it! You are so appreciated!

Karen is such an amazing MIL. I am so lucky to have married into such a fabulous family! She is so accepting and supportive. She does small things all the time to let us know she's thinking about us and cares about us. I love getting her random text messages. She makes me laugh! There are some things that are just so "Karen" (like the many Costco runs, the text messages, the laughing really hard at herself when it gets late) and I love it all!

Plus, she raised an amazing son who treats women so well. It's easy to see how much Lish loves and respects his mother. They have an extraordinary relationship and I'm so grateful to see it close up.

Karen, thank you for everything! I couldn't ask for a better MIL! You are so wonderful and I love you! Happy birthday! (And can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the lucky one to have you as a daughter-in-law, and Twilight (and more books) buddy! You bring such a loving, sweet spirit to our family; and you are definitely bringing out the best in Lishy. Thank you for all your kind thoughts, shout outs, and just sharing yourself with us. See you NEXT WEEK!!!!!
Love,
Mama K

Carrie/Mom said...

What a nice tribute to your MIL. She truly is a wonderful lady!

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

I just love your MIL too! She is one of my favorite people and we had so much fun serving with the youth in California! Great lady!!!!