Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sick Station and Destin Fun

Pretty much, my husband is amazing. He really takes good care of me, which I love. I love getting attention from him. This past week he helped prove to me again that I am extremely blessed. I was sick with a head cold. Not fun. Stuffy. Achy. Coughing. Tired. You know. I only missed 45 minutes of work at the end of the work day on Wednesday, and 40 minutes on Friday morning. Thursday was the worst day and I was stuck from 8 until after 5. When I got home on Thursday, I came home to see that Lish had laid out a "sick station" for me. He's so thoughtful. I stayed put all night.

(There's a box of tissues and some comfort food there too, aka, vanilla wafers and oreos.)
(This is pretty much what I did all night. It was the finale of SYTYCD, what else do you expect?)
(This is pretty much what she did all night too. Loved the company.)In other news, our friends Nate and Melanie from Provo came out to Destin, FL a couple weekends ago. We had the opportunity to drive out and visit them for a little bit. We got in earlier on Saturday and spent the day at the beach. Then we met up with them that night. We went back to our stellar hotel (it wasn't so stellar) and met up with them again on Sunday morning. We spent the whole day with them and Mel's family. It was so great to see them and catch up. I love spending time with amazing friends! Especially ones like Nate and Mel!

(They're a little sunburned. Alright, Lish is a little sunburned.)

3 comments:

Mom/Carrie said...

Lish, thank you for taking such good care of my daughter. What a sweet, thoughtful thing to do for her! I'm glad you're doing a bit better Whitney. By the way, when did Rascal get so big??!!!

Batches said...

Awww! So sweet! Glad that you feeling better. We wish that we could have been on the beach with you guys too! Love you!

Brit Bennion said...

I'm so sorry that you were sick. Lucky you had Lish! Miss you!