Monday, November 30, 2009

Big Brother Brian's Birthday!

Yesterday was my oldest brother's GOLDEN birthday! He told me he's feeling old, but don't worry Bri, the rest of us are right behind you!

I love my big brother! He is amazing in so many ways. He has treated me so well over the years, standing up to my mean ex-boyfriends, helping me with my homework, being supportive of my decisions (expect maybe when I decided to go to BYU). We have such a fun relationship where we can just tease each other and say things to bug each other. It's so fun to be around him. He always has a big smile on his face and he is such a happy person.

One of my favorite memories with Brian was a few years ago when we were both taking anatomy classes. He invited me up to the U of U's anatomy lab (because it was so much better than BYU's) and we just hung out in the anatomy lab for a couple hours and then went and got burgers and root beer floats afterwards. It was so fun to do something so lame and be able to bond with him.

Because I know that Brian is such a wonderful big brother, I know he's an amazing husband and father. It's easy to see how much his kids and his wife love him and it's so easy to see how much he loves them. He does all he can to make a comfortable life for his family and he's such a great example for me to look up to. I've always admired him. I've loved watching how much he loves life and how much joy he gets out of the simple things.

Thank you Brian, for being such a great big brother! Thanks for being someone I can look up to and learn from. Thank you for all the fun memories we have and for being so supportive and accepting! I love you and hope you had a great birthday and I can't wait to see you soon!

1 comment:

Doug Griffith said...

Brian is a terrific man and a wonderful son. He has been a great example and friend to his younger brothers and sisters. A parent could not hope for better.