Thursday, September 23, 2010

Little Family Update

I feel like it's been a while since I've updated on how Lish and I are doing. I've talked about stuff we've done, but that seems to be about it.

Life was crazy busy this summer. So much time was spent with family and friends and vacationing. It was fabulous! Thankfully though, it has slowed down a little bit. I think this is our slow "grace period" before it gets to be more hectic than ever when little Junior arrives. We're thankful for it though, and we kinda planned it this way.

Anyway, we've been doing so well! Like I said, we had a summer that was very well spent and we really enjoyed ourselves. Lish is continuing to work on his dissertation. I'm sure he'll be so relieved when he finishes it. He's also been spending a lot of time applying for jobs. Thanks to our experience last year, we know how time consuming this is and we're glad he has time to be getting it all done. He's also teaching a class at UVU and seems to be enjoying it. His classes at FSU were always very full and crowded, but this class now only has 30 students or so. The class had papers due on Monday and when I saw Lish grading the stack, I said, "Wow, that stack is tiny!" He laughed and said how nice it was. I don't blame him. It's much easier to grade 30 papers rather than 130 or more. So he's been busy but he's doing great! He loves that it's football season again and especially loves that his shows are back on now.

I'm doing well too. Just continuing to work at the law office. I'm still really enjoying this job! It's much different from the one I had in Florida, so it's a nice, welcome change. I don't really know what else to say about how I'm doing. . . My belly is growing, so putting on my socks is challenging, but I'm loving it. Is that weird? To love being pregnant? Because I really do. We'll see how I feel about it in a couple more months. We're getting more and more ready for the arrival, but how ready can you really be, really?

Life is good! Just waiting on this little addition, which will be shortly after another addition (the birth of our niece) and right before another addition (the wedding of my brother, Troy, and his fiance Beth). So that's our life! (Sorry my post isn't so clever. I think this baby is stealing my clever juices.)

3 comments:

Doug Griffith said...

Please don't apologize for your posts. I enjoy reading how you are seeing your world.

Maggie said...

I completely agree with your dad...even when you don't think you're clever, you are, and we LOVE hearing any and all updates. I miss you guys!!!

The Skeens said...

Just got the invite to your baby shower! Can't wait to see you again. It will be fun to catch up too! Kisses!