Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Day in Whitters' Life

Can I just tell you about my day on Monday? If not, too late. You can't stop it once it's started!

I woke up that morning to my husband kissing me awake. I brushed my teeth and started exercising. Afterwards I started getting ready for the day. I went to pick out what I was going to wear from my own giant closet, and although I don't have as many maternity clothes as regular clothes, I still had plenty of choices. Then I had to decide which of three pairs of flat white shoes I wanted to wear.

I went upstairs with my hubby to eat breakfast while he made my lunch. We turned on the Family Feud, a classic and a new breakfast tradition. After breakfast I grabbed my lunch made with "lub," grabbed the car keys, kissed my husband goodbye and headed out. I drove with the windows down, feeling that beautiful crispness on my skin. It was lovely! (Sidenote: I love driving with the windows down when it's cool outside.)

I got to work in downtown Salt Lake, where I work with my dad and my sister up until a week ago (she's gone for college). I did the things that were asked of me, did my job, you know. As the afternoon went on I started getting a headache. I didn't want to take anything for it because it felt like something I could handle.

By the time I left work my headache had gotten a worse. I was also starting to feel nauseous. Thankfully the traffic wasn't bad. I made it home and started heating up some food from eating out over the weekend. I sat down for dinner with my husband, his mom and stepdad. I didn't eat much. I still wasn't feeling great.

After dinner Lish asked how I was doing. I finally fessed up my state of being. He told me to take some Tylenol and just relax. I went downstairs and did just that. I took some medicine, laid on our bed and started reading. Lish came downstairs and said, "I've started filling the tub upstairs for you." He drew up a bath with dim lights and bubbles and candles and everything. I laid in it for a while, not too long as to not "cook" the baby, but long enough. And it was perfect. He sat in there and talked to me while I soaked. I felt so much better. After my bath I just went and sat outside for about 5 or 10 minutes, feeling that cool, autumn feeling. Then I went downstairs to join the rest of the family and just relaxed in front of the TV, like any good American would do.

Although I don't get headaches every day (in fact, rarely do I get headaches), you see how my life is? I am spoiled. I have so much that I don't feel I deserve sometimes. Sure, my three pairs of flat white shoes are scuffed and worn, and sure, the car I drive is over 10 years old now, but I have an amazing husband who takes such great care of me, I live in a great place surrounded by people who I love and who love me, I have a wonderful job, I can drive my own (okay, Lish's) car into work and not have to worry about the safety of the vehicle, I have plenty of food to eat and water to drink, I have a bed to sleep on and a shower to get clean in, I can read and type and write, I can walk and talk and see, and I'm growing a little human inside me.

My life is amazing! I think we take so many things for granted, and I have had such a strong feeling of gratitude for the things in my life these past few days. I hope I don't ever forget how lucky I am.

3 comments:

Mom/Carrie said...

You are truly blessed!

Mike and Lauren said...

Amen. Glad to hear that things are going well and hope that you continue to do well! Can't wait to see that cute baby of yours!!

Anonymous said...

And WE are so grateful to be a part of your blessed lucky life too; helping Junior/Juniorette grow strong and healthy while Daddy applies for jobs, writes his dissertation, teaches at UVU and cuts our lawn too :)
Mama Karen