Thursday, January 29, 2009

Birthday Wishes

So, it's just the end of January and I've already forgotten to do one of my New Year's resolutions. Welp, better late than never!

This year I thought it'd be fun to write a little "shout out" to my family on their birthday, tell the reasons why they're special and such.

We'll start with the events of January 27th. My brother and sister-in-law had their baby! She was 3 weeks early (impatient little thing) and all went well! Kaitlyn Lexis Griffith was born at 4:09 pm (MST) weighing 6 lbs, 13 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. The only picture I've seen of this precious little girl is one from my stepmom that she sent from her phone. Needless to say, it's not the greatest picture, but I've fallen in love with her. So, shout out to her on her actual birth day! I already love her and think she's special, even if I don't get to meet her for possibly several more months. (Have I mentioned that I sometimes hate living on the other side of the country?) She is the first niece born on my side of the family, so that automatically earns some points for me. She just seems so sweet and I think Brian and Shelly will have a lot of fun with her. Hunter too.

Can't wait to meet you Kaitlyn! Your aunt and uncle love you!

Next up, my pops. My dad turned 53 yesterday and he doesn't look a day younger. (Just kidding Dad!) For any of you who know him, my dad is a pretty great guy. It's very rare to hear him complain or to hear that he's having a bad day. He's very optimistic, jokes all the time (although the jokes aren't always good) and even composes himself well when we laugh at him rather than with him. He's got a great sense of humor. My dad is very hard working, whether it's at his firm, helping out around the house or helping out one of his kids. He's always there when you need him. He's there even when you don't need him. He is such a great support. He loves knowing about everything that's going on in his kids' lives so that he can be there for it. He doesn't want to miss anything. His family and his children really do mean the world to him.


Dad, you give me many reasons to love you! Thank you for being such an amazing father! Happy 53rd birthday!

1 comment:

Brit Bennion said...

Happy Birthday Dad! And I love you Whit!