Thursday, January 22, 2009

Is It Too Late To Post About Obama?

I mean, since he's already way into his presidency and everything. The media is still completely revolving around him. I understand the significance of a new president, especially a man who will automatically be put down as a huge historical figure, but the poor man is probably stressed out as can be! Give him some room!

Which is why I'm writing this post. I'm such a hypocrite. :) But I wanted to share where I was and how I felt when I saw President Obama being sworn into office. So, I'll begin with where I was. I was stuck at work, as many people were. But we turned on the TV in our waiting room and my friend and I kept walking into the waiting room in between calls and patients leaving before our lunch break. Lish was stuck on campus during this time, so we had it recording at home anyway. I saw some of the highlights live (Aretha Franklin, him being sworn in, etc.). Then I watched his speech and the benediction (which was pretty fantastic) at home after work with the hubby.

Can I just say I am excited about our president? I think America has been ready for a change for a while and I'm happy that he's promised it. I also think it's pretty incredible that we have a black president. America has come so far in the last 60 years. I know it still has a long road ahead before we'll be a place like Hawaii, but we're making progress! And that makes me happy.

I am not scared of what Obama may do. I trust him and I trust that he will do some good for this country. I know he has a lot on his plate. He has been thrust into an awful economy, a country at war, racists full of rage, the list goes on, and while things will most likely get worse before they get better, I know they will get better and I believe that President Obama will help us in that direction. Basically, I'm excited and hopeful about our new president. I hope that America will give him the faith and support he needs and deserves. It was heart-warming to see him during his inauguration. I'm glad I was able to witness that historical moment.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I agree with you - the man needs some room. I too am encouraged by the hope that prevailed on the day of the inauguration. Hopefully we can turn that emotion into action. -----I am also gooberishly flattered by your reference to my comments. :)

Cristi said...

I voted for Obama. I think he will do a good job.