Friday, February 6, 2009

Reason #762

For why I love Lish so much!

This summer Lish has the amazing opportunity to go to the Bahamas with his dad. His dad does a couple of field trips every year (he is a well-known geologist) to the Bahamas and Lish has always wanted to go to one. Over Christmas break, this was brought up and Lish's dad invited him to go this year. Needless to say, Lish is extremely excited! It will be for 2 weeks in June.

Well, a few days ago Lish came to me and said, "Whitney, I've been thinking. It's not fair for me to go on this trip and just expect you to stay here and work. I think we should fly you out to see your family." So, I just bought a ticket 2 nights ago to come back out to Utah. I have been so lucky to make it out as much as I have, considering we are poor and tickets are expensive! I'll be in Utah with my family for just over a week and I'm so excited! We all know how much I love and miss my family!

So thank you Lish, for being the amazing husband that you are. I cherish you always.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

That's awesome, although I half expected you to say he was taking you with him.

Cristi said...

what a thoughtful guy. :)

Brit Bennion said...

Yeah! Yeah! This is why I love Lish too! (In a much different way!) I'm SO excited!

Brittany said...

What a sweet man! I should send Alan to see his family, but that wouldn't be a big enough gesture. He'd have to drive a whole 2 hrs!

Mal Mecham said...

Um friend, does this mean that I get to see you this summer?!

The Skeens said...

Yay whitters! He is a stud. Can I see you in June??