Monday, February 16, 2009

St. Valentine's Day

I think 2.14.09 was the best Valentine's Day I've had to date! Lish and I had a blast together. I woke up Saturday morning and headed down to our church. We had a Primary service activity that morning. We were performing a "Labor of Love" for our Heavenly Father by cleaning things that don't usually get cleaned, like all the plastic chairs.

When I got home there was a very sweet and touching letter on my pillow that Lish had written me. It was beautiful. He truly has a way with words and of course I ended up crying. For him, I had borrowed a massage table from work, borrowed some relaxation CD's and gave him a nice long massage. He seemed to really enjoy it. He said we should do that every Saturday. I don't think that's going to happen.

It was raining all day Saturday, so Lish told me we could go see any movie I wanted. Well, it just so happens that Twilight just hit the dollar movies. Yay! I know for sure now that Lish loves me after sitting through that movie with me. He didn't think it was too bad either. He said some of the ideas were really creative. Now I'm trying to get him to read the books.

After the movie we went home and I made some sugar cookie dough. While it was refrigerating we went to a Chinese restaurant and got some take out. We wanted to have a picnic, but since it was raining we set up a little picnic in our apartment. It was fun to just sit and talk and eat together on the floor. I was exhausted though, so after our early dinner I took a nap. It was delightful. When I finally woke up (it took me 45 minutes from the first time Lish came to wake me up until I finally got out of bed), we made our heart-shaped cookies. I think Lish had a good time cutting out the cookies. And they turned out delicious by the way! After we were done making those, we met up with some friends to get some ice cream and then headed to their house to watch the Slam Dunk Contest, and let our dogs have a play date.
We were busy, but we had such a wonderful time. We always enjoy spending time together. I love him so much and I'm excited that I get to be with him for eternity! I love coming home to my best friend and being able to wake up and go to sleep by his side every day.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, what a nice Valentine's Day! I think it's pretty funny how we keep ending up with the same background!

Mike and Lauren said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's Day!!