Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Scream for Ice Cream!

There is this delicious ice cream shop here. We actually first went sometime during our first week of living in Tallahassee. It was the only ice cream shop we remembered seeing, and it was 15 minutes away. Now, that may not seem so bad to some of you, but it is. It was quite the commute. But we'd go there occassionally, mostly on Tuesdays. Tuesdays are double stamp night, and we have a punch card. Don't underestimate me when it comes to ice cream.

Anyway, a few weeks ago Lish noticed a new sign at a place basically across the street from us. The sign looked something like this

Oh yes. It's true. Ever since that day, I have been keeping my eye out for the open sign.

Yesterday when I was driving down the street, from one visiting teachee's house to another, I noticed a man standing on the side of the road close to the sign. I turned around to look at the sign he was holding, and you guessed it. It was the "Now Open" sign. I was so excited I squealed! I'm not usually a squealer, but when it comes to ice cream, I can't control myself. I immediately called Lish to tell him the exciting news!

Later, after dinner and what not, when Lish asked what I wanted to do I said, "Walk to Bruster's and get some ice cream of course." So we did. It was a 5 minute walk to this amazing place! (I think this could be bad for my health.) I chose the Pumpkin Cheesecake flavor in a waffle cone. It was delicious! A perfect choice to christen the new location and the fall season.

And I am happy.

5 comments:

Abby said...

I, too, love ice cream.

Floridians back to Utahns! said...

It can't be bad for your health if you walk there right!!!!

Doug Griffith said...

Enjoying the simpliest pleasures of life brings enduring happiness. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

It is going to be scary for your kids with ice cream lovers on both sides! We feel so special that we got to try their special ice cream when we were there too!! Love you,
Karen G

Maggie and Brandon Woodland said...

Did Lish tell you there is a Bruster's in Maryland?!?! We were So happy when we discovered it after going with you guys in Tallahassee. It's in Annapolis, so it's far away and we've only been once, but someday we will go again...