Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tailgating in a Football Town

This past weekend Lish and I were asked to attend a tailgate hosted by one of our friends. He asked if we would watch their stuff while they were in the game so they didn't have to put all of it away. We were happy to. Now, you may think, "That's so boring. I'd rather go into the game." But that is foolish thinking. This isn't just any tailgate. It's the Brians' tailgate, equipped with 2 flat screen TV's, 2 tailgate tents, BBQ, plenty of chairs, plenty of snacks, more than enough beer (not for us of course) and so on. It's intense. And we love it! They show up before 7 in the morning and stay into the evening. This is how our friends tailgate.

Plus, the game was at noon and sitting in the sun would have been miserable and hot. And, as we found out later, we could have been one of the many who got heat stroke. I think we made a wise decision.


See what our dog is doing here?
Later that day, when we were cleaning our home, I noticed she looked funny. Apparently, she had eaten something or gotten bit by ants, because her eyes and her lips were so swollen and puffy! We gave her some medicine and the swelling went down. Thank goodness. Maybe she'll think twice before she does whatever she did again.

4 comments:

Kristy Carpenter said...

You definitely made the wise decision. But sadly your dog did not. Hopefully she's feeling better!

Doug Griffith said...

I love your stories and the way you tell them. You make me laugh.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

Every time I watch a Clemson game it makes me miss tailgating in the South. People out here have NO IDEA how to really do football. In fact, I HATED football until I lived in a Football town. You've made me happy to reminisce but also sad that I'm missing out! It looks like you guys had a GREAT time! Obviously. You said you did.

Brittany said...

Fire ants meet Jazz...Jazz meet ants. OUCH! I remember my first encounter with them....I sat down on the edge of the grass on the sidewalk and when I got back to my place to use the facilities my leg was all red and blue and irritated. What the? Yes...fire ants. They are brutal!