Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Small and Simple Things

Life has been pretty chill lately. And by chill I mean nothing exciting is going on. And by nothing exciting, I mean it, for the most part. I do have a few "small and simple things" to share.

Last week I got home from work and Lish said, "Whit, what's wrong?"
Me: "I don't know. I'm just in a weird mood."
L: "I'm in a weird mood too. I don't know why."
Me: "Hm, maybe we should bake a cake."

It totally worked. That cake looked and smelled and tasted delicious and we got to enjoy it for the rest of the week! Lish went and played basketball that night and I stayed home and did a workout video. When Lish got back home, he asked what I did that night. I told him, "What I wanted to do was sit in front of the TV and veg while snacking on some cereal. But I didn't." He suggested we have a cereal party the next night for dinner.

Moving on to the next night... I got home from work and went for a run. While I was out running, Lish went to the grocery store and bought 7, yes, SEVEN, boxes of cereal. We already had 3 different kinds, but that just wasn't enough for our cereal party. WE LOVE CEREAL! So we had cereal, pop tarts, and fruit for dinner. It was pretty much amazing.

Last, but not least, I am a runner. Yes, I run and I enjoy it. Who woulda thunk? I decided back in November that I wanted to run a 10K. I couldn't find a 10K around Tallahassee, but I found a 15K in a city that's 2 1/2 hours away from here. But that's 2 1/2 hours away and we'd have to pay for a hotel, and the expenses started building up for this race. So, I checked again and there is a 12K race right here in Tally on February 20th. And yours truly is going to run in it. I'm excited! I ran the length of a 10K just a week and a half ago, and it felt great!

And what's even better is that I get a t-shirt with a picture of "The Flash" on it. This is going to be the best. race. ever!

6 comments:

Abby said...

Oh, Whit. You are just a fun gal, you know that? This post makes me smile.

Batches said...

We love that you all had fun with the simple things in life. We love cereal too...and whoever says that cake can't cheer you up has never had it then! We are still bumming about the Naperville thing, but can't wait to see how close you can get to us. We would have toooo much fun, I tell you! Love you!

Doug Griffith said...

It makes me happy to hear you love to run. Running allows you to have guilt-free cereal and cake nights. I'm jealous of the Flash t-shirt. Lucky.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! It would be great to love running. Glad you're enjoying it so much. Plus, coooool t-shirt.

Maggie said...

I am so proud of you! Runners are some of the toughest, fittest, most awesomost people ever...if I do say so myself.

Cristi said...

i love good clean cereal party fun!