Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bumper Stickers...

...are almost as permanent as tattoos.

Oh, they're not? Well, I think they are.

They scare me. Yes, I am slightly afraid of bumper stickers. Especially the ones where once you put them on, there's no going back.

Being in the car, amongst other cars, I tend to see a lot of bumper stickers. Some make me laugh, some make me confused, and others make me think "Why in the world...?" Yesterday, I saw a car that had four different stickers about animals, for saving animals in pet shelters, supporting the Humane Society, and so on. Then I started thinking, "Am I passionate enough about anything to put it on my car?" The only thing I could come up with would be a cute little dancer. I know for sure I'm passionate about dance. But I couldn't give my entire bumper to dance bumper stickers. That's just an overload. And maybe if someone close to me got breast cancer (which I pray doesn't happen), I would get one of the "Save the Ta-Ta's" stickers. Those make me laugh.

So props to those who feel comfortable covering their car with stickers. I can't get the courage to accomplish such a feat.

And maybe someday soon I'll write a post that says what Lish and I have been up too. We've been busy, I swear!

Oh, and by the way, there IS a bumper sticker on our car. I didn't put it on there and if you saw it, you would know that too. It's an LA Lakers sticker. Lish is trying to turn me into a fan.

3 comments:

Erin_C said...

i totally agree with you. I cant put a bumper sticker on our car either. I like the window cling-ons because you can peel them right off. we have a tennessee "T" and I wanted a BYU "Y" so I asked my mother in law to get one when she was in provo. she brought back a bumper sticker . . . i won't use it. haha.

Doug Griffith said...

I love your insightful insights.

Morgan & Keri Woodhouse said...

I still think that the Lakers are a dumb team.