Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Flash 12K

I did it! I ran my race. And it was awesome! My goal was to run it in an hour and 15 minutes. I beat my goal by three minutes (1:12:10, according to the picture Lish got), which also set a personal record for me. I haven't run for that long at that speed. It was great!

AND I got in 3rd place in my age group! Yes, I placed and I medal-ed. And I got a t-shirt and a bag. And I finished. I finished my goal. I did it. And I'm still walking!

I would like to thank my legs and my heart, my shoes and my socks, my watch and my heart monitor, and of course, my husband. :)

It's been a good day!

5 comments:

Cody said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

You are AWESOME and we love the pics! Karen & Scott

Doug Griffith said...

I am so proud of you. You look great. I can't wait to run a race together.

Love you,
Dad

Kristy Carpenter said...

congrats my love! so proud of you!!

Maggie and Brandon Woodland said...

YEAH for being a runner!!! And, a runner with a medal (and a cute bag according to Lish)! Bring your running shoes to S. Florida so we can run together on the beach!!!