Friday, November 26, 2010

Day of Giving Thanks and Turkeys

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! I couldn't go this year without letting you all know what I'm grateful for.

First and foremost, I'm grateful for this guy. He has taught me so much about life and love and handling my money. He's truly someone very special and my best friend. Basically, he's amazing and I feel so lucky to have him as my eternal companion.

Next up, I'm grateful for my family. They're incredible and the best support system a girl could ever ask for. I am so blessed to be a part of a family where all of us get along so well. We have such a fun time together. They never cease to amaze me with their awesomeness and their weirdness. Seriously.
(I wish I had more pictures with my stepsiblings. Just sayin.)

I'm grateful for this home I get to live in. My in-laws are such wonderful people for letting Lish and I stay for a year. They were so willing to allow us to live with them and they have been so accommodating and helpful.

I'm grateful for my body. I know this may seem like a weird one to some of you, but those of you who have been through pregnancy and childbirth know what I mean. And I'm sure I'll have an even better appreciation for my body after the childbirth part. But my body is amazing. It is growing a human life and we are so happy that I have felt as healthy as I have through this whole process. Thanks body.

This leads me straight into my next and last thing I'm grateful for (not the last thing ever, but just the last one I'm going to share with you because my list could go on and on). I'm so grateful for this little baby. Granted we don't know whether it's a boy or a girl, and we don't know what he/she looks like, so that may change... I'm just kidding of course. That's not funny to joke about, I know. But really, that's my humor and I think it is. Anyway, I'm so grateful for this new little addition to our family. Lish and I are going to learn so much and we are going to be so humbled and it will be the most incredible experience ever. I love that we have started our family and that before we know it, this baby will make his/her grand entrance and life will never be the same.

Our Thanksgiving day was wonderful! We were able to see and spend time with so much family. We went down to my dad's house in the morning and I helped get some things ready while Lish went and played some football (in the balmy 15 degree weather). All of the siblings there, except my stepsister Ashley, her husband McLane and their son Mason, for our delicious feast. We had such a fun time. After we ate and cleaned up and played some games while eating pie (I had my delicious slice of banana cream while Lish had 3 slices of some traditional pumpkin), we headed back home to let the dog out. Then we drove on up north and ended up at my grandparents house. It was chaos! There were almost 40 people there by the time we showed up. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, children, and so on. Their little place was so crowded and full of such energy! It was great to see so much family that I hadn't seen in quite a few years! There was lots of love in that little home. 


By the time we got back home, I was so exhausted. I slept quite well last night and it felt great to sleep in this morning. I'm glad I made the decision to not go out on Black Friday. But to those of you who did, kudos to you! I hear it was crazy. Like usual. Now Lish and I are getting ready to head out to the Jazz v. Lakers game. It should be a fun night to spend with my favorite!

1 comment:

Doug Griffith said...

Whitney and Lish:

Thanks to you both for a great Thanksgiving Day.

Love you,
Dad/Doug