Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We're so Halloweenie!

Well, I guess we could be more Halloweenie, but we had fun. We carved our pumpkins on Friday and stayed home on Saturday night, watching The Ring and handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Jazz was going crazy whenever the doorbell would ring, like most dogs do. Needless to say, it wore her out and she slept a lot for the next 24 hours.

Sunday was the day of the annual Griffith pumpkin carving contest that my dad and stepmom host. Lish and I of course had to join in the fun. My dad and Alisia were planning on dressing up, so Lish decided he would dress up too. It was lovely.

(My dad and Alisia were Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife, Beth, and Lish was a pumpkin.)

Now onto the pumpkin carving....

1st Place - Dallas (an owl)

2nd Place - Ashley & McLane (Albert Einstein)

3rd Place - Shelly & Brian & Hunter (scary cat)

4th Place - Collin & Whitney (Tiger Woods)

5th Place - Doug & Alisia (pumpkin eating pumpkin)

6th Place - Whitney & Lish (brother-in-law Collin)

Can you believe that? Lish and I got last. Of course, our pumpkin was more of an inside joke than anything else and the judges weren't in on the joke. Plus, they gave Collin fourth. I mean, did you see how much effort went into that Tiger Woods pumpkin? Also, I think it's pretty easy to see which pumpkin carvers used stencils (cheaters) and which ones were free hand. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Doug Griffith said...

Fun times had by all. The guy with the blond mullet is something else.