Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Chicago Thanksgiving

So, I'm still catching up here. I almost wanted to skip ahead and get right to Yale's birthday. That's right. He had another birthday. He's 2. But, I'm keeping with the correct timeline of things, so I'll get to that soon.

Our family took quite a large trip recently. Yale was gone for the longest. Lish and Yale took off to Chicago a few days before I did. I know. I got a few days all to myself and I didn't have to travel with a toddler. It was pretty great, but pretty strange at the same time. I missed my baby. I missed Lish too, but we've spent time apart before. Yale and I haven't ever spent more than 24 hours apart. I cried the whole way home from the airport, and that first day was hard, but after that I kept myself way too busy. I don't even remember what I did, but I was productive.

Lish had to leave earlier than me because of his ASC conference. He had to present and offered to take Yale with him since I always take Yale with me when we part ways. Plus, we knew after Thanksgiving that I'd be staying in Salt Lake with my family and Yale would be with me. I didn't go out to Chicago at the same time as them because of the baby girl I babysit. I didn't want to leave for 3 weeks, especially knowing we'll be gone again for Christmas.

Anyway, Lish and Yale stayed with Lish's sister and brother-in-law. They seemed to have such a fun time, letting the little cousins play and getting to visit. I flew in the same day as Lish's mom and stepdad, and Lish's grandparents flew in a few hours after us. It was a party in Chicago! We had such a great time visiting with everyone, watching the kiddos try to share, getting to see the two Yale's together again and so on. We walked around the University of Chicago's campus, went to the Museum of Science and Industry, visited the Shedd aquarium, went to the zoo, visited my aunt and uncle in Naperville, ate some yummy deliciousness, walked the Magnificent Mile, and did a bunch of other stuff I can't remember I'm sure.

As per usual, enjoy the visuals!

























1 comment:

Carrie/Mom said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. What a beautiful family. All of you!