Sunday, December 16, 2012

We Get Another Sister

I forgot that I am still catching up on our adventures. When we left Chicago, Yale and I stayed up in the Salt Lake area to be with family before my little brother got married. My brother, Troy and his wife, Beth, from Alaska were in town, so it was really fun to get to spend some time with them. My stepsister, Whitney, was also in town, and I hadn't seen her for almost a year, so it was really fun to get to catch up with her. Yale and I spent so much time with family and we got to see a few of my friends as well. We stayed with my dad for a couple days during the work week, so we got a lot of time with Whitney and her son Cash. Yale loved getting to play with Cash, and Cash learned a lot about sharing. It was good times.







Lish drove up and met us on Thursday and it was so great to be with him again. That same day he got in, my oldest brother and his family flew in. The day before the wedding we had planned a big family lunch with all the siblings and stepsiblings and kids and even the grandparents made it. The only one missing was Whitney's husband, Collin. We missed him. But it was so fun to have that whole group together and catch up and just be together. I don't know when the next time for all of us to be together again will happen.


Then there was a wedding. My little brother married his beautiful wife, my new sister. We're so happy to have her be a part of our family. They are wonderful together and the wedding was beautiful. It was amazing to be in the temple for their ceremony and have all my siblings and their spouses there. What a wonderful experience! They held their reception in the afternoon, which was actually pretty nice. It was fun to have the evening to spend with the family and just get to hang out and relax and play games (nix Kyle and Chelsea, of course).





The day after the wedding we headed down to Karen and Scott's for a late brunch, which would be called a lunch, but we had brunch food, so I'll stick with the brunch title. Our good friend, Brian, and his wife and new baby were in town from Spain. We hadn't met his wife or his baby yet, so they came up for brunch and it was so great to finally meet Noemi and Leo. What a great way to end a wonderful trip!

3 comments:

Doug Griffith said...

It was a fantastic week. Thanks for the review and reminder.

Anonymous said...

Always love seeing the pictures and reading your enthusiastic funny family diary ~ you are the bomb!!

Anonymous said...

Unknown was Gma K btw :-)