Saturday, December 29, 2012

To, Too, TWO!

Yale turned two earlier this month. I know. We have a toddler. I was actually pretty excited about his birthday, because it's felt like I've had a toddler for months now, but I didn't like thinking of him as a toddler until he hit two. We didn't do much for his birthday. We had just gotten back from Chicago and my brother's wedding, and Lish's dad came into town a couple days later. We kept it low key. And it was perfect.

We took Yale on an adventure to see some waterfalls. That's always a success. Then we had some yummy mac and cheese (his fav) for dinner, and some cupcakes and presents with our neighbors. Yale got a couple trains, plus a giant Christmas train, and some other toys and clothes, so he was completely happy. It was so fun to watch his reaction to his new gifts and to see how he ate all of the frosting off the cupcake before eating the cupcake. What a silly little guy.





As far as the things Yale is doing lately, can I just say everything? He is a little parrot and a little daredevil. At his doctor's appointment, the doc asked how many words Yale knows. I just looked at him and said, "I have no idea." He is talking in sentences now and it's so fun to hear what comes out of his mouth and what he connects with what. I love watching that brain work. He loves jumping, somersaulting, running, falling purposefully, coloring, watching basketball, and so much more. He also loves cars, trucks, trains, airplanes, and anything else that moves. We love him so much and are so blessed to have him in our lives! He brings us so much joy!

1 comment:

Doug Griffith said...

Yale brings joy to everyone who has the privilege of his company.