Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Birthday Girlie

Happy birthday to my sister-in-law Shelly! Shelly was the first to marry into the family, not only because she married the oldest, but also in part because she was the bravest. She has survived well with this family, and we're so thankful to have her be a part of it.
Shelly is fabulous! Some of my favorite memories of Shelly include girls nights/sleepovers. She used to come down and visit me at school in Provo with chick flicks and chocolate. Another time she sent Brian away and her, me and Courtney had a girls night and a sleepover. She is just so much fun to be around. She loves goofing around and playing games with us. She loves being pampered and pampering. She just has so many good qualities.
Shelly won't let you get away with anything. She was the youngest in her family and the only girl, so you know those brothers taught her to stand up for herself. This sounds cheesy, but she is just such a strong woman. She's hard working, dedicated, driven, and she's also a people pleaser. She has been such a great example to me of how to get involved with the family you married into. She showed how important it was to her with all the effort she put into getting to know us. (You may want to re-read that sentence. It's poorly worded. My bad.) Shelly is a great sister-in-law and I'm so glad my brother landed her! Thank you, Shelly, for being such a bright spot in our family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Whitney! It is amazing of you to send out a birthday shout. It made me laugh about all of the fun times we've had together. Oh and I just loved the picture of me 8 months pregnant! Love you, Shelly

P.S. Happy Birthday! (I never seem to forget yours.)