Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stokes' Super Shower

This last weekend, I co-hosted a baby shower for my friend, Jen Bryan. Jen and Trevor have become some really good friends of ours here in Tally. They live just around the corner from us, so we see them often. Anyway, their baby is due Sept. 28th, so we had to celebrate!

Now, I'm not just saying this because I helped plan it, but it was one of the most fun showers I've been to. Rather than play the cheesy poopy diaper games, we had crafts and little creative projects to do. One of them was painting plain white onesies. We had some stencils, fabric paint, and different sizes of onesies. It was so fun and they got some cute ones made for baby Stokes. The other little crafty thing we did was make scrapbooking pages for Jen's baby scrapbook. We had a bunch of different papers, stickers, ribbon, and so on. After the shower was over, Lolly and I sat and scrapbooked for a good hour. It was a great shower! Thanks for having a baby Trevor and Jen!
(I made the "Go Lakers" one for Trevor, because he hates them.)
(The Hosts)The present I got for Jen was a "hooter hider" for breast-feeding. I actually made myself one (not to use any time soon) and it was easy, so I made one for Jen. Happy hiding!

2 comments:

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

Looks like it was such a fun shower!! I am helping throw a shower for a=one of my friends and I was just wondering what diapers you used for the diaper cake? I have never seen those kind before. Let me know and I think painting the onesies was so stinkin cute! So much fun! I might have to steal that idea!! Hope you guys are doing well!!!!

***Julia C. Greenfield Vanikiotis*** said...

Ha ha - i have never heard them referred to as "hooter-hider's" before. Funny!