Wednesday, August 26, 2009

To Whitney, From Dad

My Dad wrote this and I thought I'd share it. Don't think I'm full of myself because I reposted it.

Dear Everyone (and Whitney):

In keeping with her own tradition, I wanted to give a "shout-out" to Whitney for her birthday. Since I am not in the blogging generation, I thought I would embarrass her by doing it on her own blog.

Many of you know and realize how sweet and giving Whitney is, but the amazing part is she has always been that way. Ever since she was a little girl, Whitney exuded kindness. She took tender care of big brothers and a little brother and sister. She was the ultimate peacemaker in the family and just went along. She had opinions and a strong will but disguised it behind a sweet disposition.

Whitney is so thoughtful and selfless. She reaches out to anyone and everyone with an open and accepting attitude. I have so many wonderful memories of her but one of my favorites is just walking to church with Whitney and holding her little hand in mine while she talked with me about her life, friends and fun.

I love my little Doll and am so proud of the woman she has become. I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I continually find her amazing.

I love you Whitney,
Dad

Thanks so much Dad! I love you too!

5 comments:

Mom said...

What a nice shout-out from your dad. I agree with everything he said about you. I remember watching the two of you walking hand-in-hand to church. Ah, sweet memories--you grew up so fast! You were always incredibly amazing. Still are. I love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mom! I love you too!

Abby said...

This was so sweet, made me tear up a bit. You are a pretty neato, gal, Whit!

***Julia C. Greenfield Vanikiotis*** said...

Love you - hope your b-day was awesome

DiaNe said...

Um, Lish told me you wrote this yourself. And spelled everything wrong. You're lucky you have him to correct you.

Actually, I agree with your dad 100%. Love you, dear!