Monday, March 23, 2009

Special Olympics

I know I've been awful about posting lately. Really though, not much has been going on. I write the exciting stuff that happens, but it's pretty slow for us around here lately.

This last weekend, Lish and I had the chance to volunteer at the Special Olympics. We helped with the concession stands, so we didn't get to see many of the events, but we had a great time. It's amazing to me to see all these people with their special needs, and to see how genuinely happy they are. They always find the good in any situation, and it's such a great reminder for me. We had a great time helping out (aside from my allergies kicking in big time). I love that all these kids get a day where they can all get together and just play and have a good time. We were so tired by the end of it that we took a 2 1/2 hour nap afterwards. It was so worth it!



Don't we look tired? Because we were.

1 comment:

Sue said...

That is so great that you guys did that!