Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Too Much Good

You know how when you're cruising through life, everything is going well, things are looking up, you know something's going to happen. You start thinking, "I believe it's almost time for something bad too happen to me. Yes, it's been a while." That's how I had been feeling a little bit. Then the event happend last night.

Our transmission is shot. It had been acting weird for a while, but I thought the weather (all of our cold fronts) was just messing with it. Then we took it down to Orlando on Saturday and on the way home it was acting up again. I knew after I drove it to work yesterday that we needed to get it looked at right away. Then when I barely made it to the end of our street after work, I knew something was terribly wrong. But, at least it didn't break down on the freeway. At least I made it almost all the way home. At least we were safe. Of course we're out of a car for the next couple of days and have another expense to pay.

On the bright side, I pulled my hair back into a ponytail today. I haven't been able to do that for a year!

3 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

Way to look at the bright side of things! Sorry about the transmission. Cars suck!

DiaNe said...

yay for the ponytail! It'll be a while for me, but I am excited.

My transmission died on the freeway once. I try not to think back on it.

Mike and Lauren said...

You are so darn cute...I loved your going back and forth between the positives and the not-so-positives of the situation! Sorry about the car...car repairs are seriously so annoying. But it's true - it could be worse!