Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Eternal Family

Within these past couple of weeks I have had a couple of friends and one family member lose a member of their family. It's gotten me thinking a lot about family and what happens when they pass on. It was interesting to me to see how each of these different people were coping with their losses. My friends who lost somebody do not have the same beliefs that I have. They are of a different faith and I'm not sure exactly what they believe in terms of an afterlife. My brother-in-law however is a member of the same faith.

The blessings we have as members of the LDS church are incredible. Knowing that we will be with our families again someday is such a comforting thought. I know my brother-in-law has been blessed to know he will see his father again someday, and I know my friends will see their family members again some day. I wish that they had that knowledge. Eternal family is an amazing thing and I am so blessed to get to be with mine forever.

1 comment:

Doug Griffith said...

Whitney:

I attended Mclane's dad funeral yesterday and while feel the pain of the loss of their father, the family certainly celebrated his life and demostrated courage which comes from knowing they will see their father again and he is not far from them. Mclane spoke and did a wonderful job both paying tribute to his father and acknowledging the hurt and sadness he felt. Ashley sang "How Great Thou Art" and it was beautiful. Thanks for your sweet thoughts.

Love you, Dad