Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Alisia Dear!

Happy days will come to you all year!

Today is my stepmom's birthday. I won't say how old she's turning, mostly because I can't remember, but I can confirm that she's one year older and wiser too today. For anyone who has met Alisia, you know how great she is. She is such a goof and so fun to tease because she just throws it right back. She has an incredible sense of humor. She is also one of the most caring people I know. She is always making sure her children and step-children are doing well. She is an amazing cook. She has a beautiful home. She's a great hostess as well, considering I have had many occasions on which we would head up to their house and just hang out.

When I think of the type of person Alisia is, my mind always goes back to the same memory. It was my sophomore year of college and I had just found out some updated news about my friend Brooke. Needless to say, I wasn't in a very good mood that night. She came to my apartment right after she got off work, unannounced, came and found me in my room crying, and just sat on my bed with me and hugged me. Another more fun memory I have of her is the time when I wanted to go shopping and called her up. She came down to Provo to meet me and we just spent the day shopping together. It was fun!

I am very lucky to have a stepmother like Alisia. She is so fun to be around and so loving. She is all around amazing and I love her! I'm so glad we're family!

2 comments:

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

We're so lucky! I love my mom. She is my best friend in the whole world and I want to be just like her when I grow up! This was a sweet tribute to her! I wish I would have thought of it!

Maggie and Brandon Woodland said...

I got tears in my eyes reading this...I love that you are doing these tributes, Whit. We are all so blessed to have the family we do!