Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beans and Balloons

We have some funny friends. I don't know how they come up with the things they do, but they do and we laugh.

On Sunday evening I received a call from a friend who lives just around the corner from us. (Well, I didn't receive it, but she tried calling my phone and it was still on silent, so she called Lish.) Anyway, Lish hands me the phone and I think it's Jen, but it's Trevor. He says, "Just keep talking to me like you're talking to Jen. In about 5 minutes we'll be knocking on your door. Make sure Lish answers it. And make sure he's not in the kitchen when we knock. We have a surprise for him."

Five or so minutes later, we get a knock on our door. Lish goes to answer it and I follow close behind. There are napkins on the ground leading up to our door with jelly beans on them (or as Lish and Trevor like to call them, 'candy beans', or as I like to call them, 'jelly goods'). Naturally, Lish follows them outside because he loves himself some jelly goods. Out of nowhere, water balloons start flying. We hear Jen laughing from above and Trevor saying, "Abort! Abort!" from behind some bushes. Then they proceed to run down the street and back to their apartment, leaving me laughing hysterically and Lish wet from balloons. Sadly, the jelly goods got wet in the process and had to be disposed of.

You've got it comin Trevor! Watch your back! Trevor also posted this story on his blog with the following diagram. I thought it painted a pretty good picture. For those of you wondering, Trevor made his post about how to trap a Jew, or "Jew-bait."

I just loved how they wanted to throw water balloons at him and lured him outside with jelly goods. Still makes me laugh!

3 comments:

***Julia C. Greenfield Vanikiotis*** said...

Why arent I that funny?

DiaNe said...

this is hilarious!

Gabe and Christina said...

Gabe and I are laughing so hard, especially after reading Trevor's rendition as well. You've made our sunday!