Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Family Reunion

My family means a lot to me. You understand. Your family means a lot to you too. However, I live 2000 miles away from most of mine. Now, this may not seem like such a bad thing for some of you. For me though, it's rough sometimes. I never lived more than an hour away from my mom and 45 minutes from my dad up until I moved to Florida. Now that I have married and expanded my family, I have even more family that I live far away from.

You can imagine, then, my intense pleasure when I found out about an upcoming family visit! Lish's mom and stepdad and sister and her husband are all coming out in May. The 6 of us have only been together one other time, and that was at the wedding. We are excited to be having this little "family reunion" and to be hosting it in Tallahassee! I'm excited to see some family! This is my longest bout without seeing any of them. And this can remind all the rest of you to buy some tickets and come visit!

5 comments:

Sue said...

I know exactly how hard it is to be away from your family and people you love. Robby and I were apart for 5 months right before we got engaged and I thought it was going to kill me! I'm glad you get to have fun with your family.

Cristi said...

You guys will have a blast! And happy b-day Lish!

Batches said...

We know what you mean. Living in Chicago is like that too! When we went back west this past week, we felt it even more. We miss everyone so much! When we were at Kim and Dave's house, she told us that Heather and she were talking about a family reunion. We should make it happen. Don't know when everyone's schedules will unite perfectly, but say that we should start thinking about it. We ache to be with everyone! I had not seen Brian and Shelly since their wedding. It was so good to see them at your mom's house. Makes us miss everyone that much more! We love and miss you!!!

Kristy Carpenter said...

How fun!! I SOOOOO know how you feel. My mom and sisters are coming on Thursday and I don't think I've been more excited about anything before! Have tons of fun with the fam!

Maggie and Brandon Woodland said...

I was studying in the library today for my new job, and all of a sudden I seriously almost started crying because I was thinking about being all together, in Tallahassee, in just a few weeks!!! I am soooooooo excited, and feel blessed, whit, that even though we're not blood related, you are also soooooooo excited too :)