Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Belated B-day Mitch!

So, forgive me for I am a slacker. Yesterday was my father-in-laws 60th birthday! For his birthday, Lish and his sister made him a playlist of 3 songs from every year he has been alive. That's a lot of songs. He loved it!
I remember the first time I met Lish's dad. I'm not gonna lie, I felt awkward. Lish and I had just started dating about 3 months earlier and decided to take a roadtrip out to California. Lish was telling me that his dad had never met a girl he was dating before, so I felt that the pressure was on. But it worked out great! Mitch is such an easy person to be around. He's so personable. And funny. He really goes out of his way to mess with people, mostly his wife. (Lucky you Bev!) He is such a great entertainer, and a fabulous cook of chicken, fish, and frozen pizzas.
The more time I spend with Mitch and Lish, the more I realize how similar they are. Mitch has some very wonderful qualities that were passed on to Lish, such as his ability to get along with anybody and his sense of humor. Lish also got the teasing attribute from his father, and I get the grunt of that, so... don't expect any thank you's for that here.
Mitch, thank you for being such a fabulous father-in-law! I wish we didn't live so far away, because we love getting to spend time with you. Happy (belated) birthday! We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whitters, I love this post for Mitch's birthday. The photos are terrific too, as I haven't seen any from the Bahama trip. What a huge blessing for them to have that time together and become better friends. AND for you to know what's in store as Lish gets older too!! Love you tons, Karen

Cristi said...

I feel bad you have to deal with the teasing! oh lish.