Saturday, July 4, 2009

Utah Vacation

Alright everyone, this is going to be a long post. I had the opportunity to go out to Utah to visit my family 2 weeks ago. It was fabulous! I got to see some friends and lots of family. So thanks to everyone I saw for making an effort to come see me!

The day after I flew in, my dad hosted a BBQ swim party. We didn't get to swim much because it was raining, but I got to see some friends and family that day, so I wasn't upset.

On Sunday I headed up to my mom's to go to church with her. There was a girl I had grown up with who was leaving on her mission, so I got to see a lot of old friends from high school. President Uchtdorf was also presiding, so that was pretty amazing. I got to go up and shake his hand afterwards. Then I headed back down to my dad's to celebrate Father's Day.
On Monday my dad and I headed up to Idaho to spend a little time at the family cabin. It was amazing. I love it up there. I got to spend some time with my grandparents and with Troy. We headed back on Tuesday, after a round of golf and getting to see where Troy lives.
My dad dropped me off in Bountiful that night, and Kyle had just gotten home from California a couple hours before I got there. It was nice to just relax and catch up with him and Courtney a little. On Wednesday, my mom and I started working on a little craft project. Then she took me out to get a pedicure. It was nice. She drove me into Salt Lake so I could meet up with my dad for dinner that night. I met up with him and we went out to eat with Alisia, Dallas, and Ashley. I stayed with them that night and headed back up to Bountiful on Thursday morning.On Thursday, my mom and I finished that project. I had another friend come visit me that afternoon. That evening I headed into Salt Lake again to take Courtney out for dinner. We went to the Cheesecake Factory, and it was delicious! When we got back up to Bountiful, we had a girls night game night with some of my mom's friends and Shelly. It was a lot of fun!
On Friday, my mom and I ran some errands, then headed into Salt Lake one more time to meet up with Karen and Stephanie for lunch. After lunch, she dropped me off so I could meet up with Brittany and Trisha. We bought our "Brooke Shoes" and then just sat and visited for a while. That night, we headed down to Brian and Shelly's for dinner and games, and to spend more time with Hunter and Kaitlyn.
The last full day I was there, Saturday, my mom, Kyle, and I went to the temple and did a session. Then we headed up to my grandparents place. We went to see the movie "Up" in 3D. Then we went back to their house for dinner and dessert and games. (We are a game playing family, can you tell?) It was such a great trip! I love getting to spend some quality time with my family, and the trip was definitely full of quality time. I certainly love my family and my friends. It was an amazing vacation, but it's so nice to be back with my hubby!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Utah! I must say, I adore your hair, my dear!

Maggie and Brandon Woodland said...

wow-- what a visit with your fam! i love seeing all the smiling faces :)

Doug Griffith said...

Whitney:

Thanks again for coming to visit and for all the runnning around you did to see all of us. We loved having you here but missed your hubby as well. I especially enjoyed our morning run at the cabin. It was a moment I will always cherish.

I love you Doll.
Dad

Anonymous said...

We loved seeing you and love that you took time to visit with us too! You really went out of your way to fit in time with everyone. Thanks Lishy for helping her get out here for another Utah Summertime visit. Love you tons, Mama Karen & Scott