Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This Morning I...

Tallahassee has had some hot weather lately. It's summertime, so this comes as no surprise. It's hot, it's humid, you can't walk outside long before you start "glistening." Ah, the south. However, yesterday morning when I got up to exercise, I pulled out Lish's iTouch to see what the weather would be like for the day. Do you know what the temperature was? 59. Before I left for work, it had gone up to 62. The low 60's! I loved it!

Hoping that it would be cool again, I decided to go for a run this morning. My hopes were fulfilled. Cool weather again. Had my iPod. My knee brace. I was set. And it was one of the most amazing runs I've ever had! I was out before the sun came up, so I got to see the sunrise. Snow Patrol was running along with me, keeping me from getting bored. I ran a route that I've run before, but I decided to keep going. I ran up a hill, turned down a street I hadn't been down yet, and I got lost. But I didn't turn around. I just kept running. I found my way out eventually. It was a beautiful and quiet neighborhood. I would like to get lost in it again.

I was getting worried about the time, knowing I had to be to work on time today. I headed home to find out I had been gone for only 40 minutes. This story probably made it seem longer. I haven't run for weeks though. And I haven't run that long for months. And even though my iPod froze while I was in the unknown neighborhood, the run was rejuvenating.

Plus, I feel like my arms look skinnier than they did yesterday.

3 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

That's awesome. I'm glad you found your way back home. I know what you mean to have a good run and then just feel better.

Abby said...

I pretty much love you.

Doug Griffith said...

For some it probably sounds odd that you enjoyed a 40 minute run as much as you did. For me I love knowing that you are so passionate about a good run -- just you, the road, the morning air and sky. Good for you Whitney.