Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fat Lip

Yale has had owies before. Plenty of them actually. He's quite the accident prone little boy. (Did I really just call him a little boy?) I didn't not expect that. I was just hoping it'd hold off for a few more years. Silly hopes. I should have known as soon as he starting walking that he'd sprout into that role quickly. Actually, I should have known before he was even walking. He's had bumps and bruises many a time.

But this one was different. This was one bad. And it makes me sad. Not preventing it makes me mad. But he has since acted glad. (There's a little Dr. Suess for ya. You're welcome.) 

We were over at some friends' house last night and he was playing with one of their toys. Of course he tried climbing on it, because that's how you can tell if a toy is really good or not, and he fell right into the wall. His darn teeth totally cut open his lip and he was bleeding more than he's ever bled before. He was brave though and calmed down within 5 minutes and doesn't seem bothered by it today, but I snapped some pictures so you could all feel sad with me.

I know. Sad. But doesn't he look adorable in his new stripped green shirt? I love summer clothes!

And also, I know what you're thinking, and yes. He is getting another haircut tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Doug Griffith said...

This is just the beginning of many more cuts to come. Get ready!

Anonymous said...

SO SAD but he was due! He just runs down that steep driveway and I was sure he would face plant when we were there last weekend!! Gma & Gpa Goody