Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

That should probably be my title when I turn 30. But I am not quite there yet. Lish is though. Just made it on Monday. Maybe his title should have been "The Dirty Thirty," because he's a boy. And boys are dirty. I guess since he's 30 though, he's a man. On the outside. Still a boy on the inside. I think that's how most men are. Agreed? Yeah.

We had a wonderful celebration to mark this end and beginning of a decade. We kind of celebrated all weekend. Karen and Scott came down for the weekend on Thursday. With them, they brought this little beauty:
I know. Be jealous. Be very jealous. Lish has wanted a tank like this for a long time. And he thought he'd never get one this big. He said, "I know it's cheesy, but it's like a dream come true." It was so fun to see his face when he found out what we had gotten him. And then to see his face when he saw the fish. And again when it was all set up. And then again when he was arranging and rearranging the decorations and plants. And then finally after we went out and bought lights for it. And of course throughout the rest of the weekend. Even yesterday, as we were pulling not the garage after going to the gym, he said, "Whitney, I really love my fish tank." That makes me happy.

Not only did he get the fish tank, but he also got the basketball that he's been wanting for about 6 years. He's kept asking for it, but I'd always get him something else. When my dad asked what they could get him for his birthday, my first response was, "Brown dress shoes. His are old." But then I thought, that's what I want him to have, not necessarily what he wants to have. So I changed my answer. The first thing he did when he got that ball was write his name on it. He hasn't used it yet, but he will tomorrow night, and I'm sure he can't wait!

Along with all the gift spoiling, Lish had some amazing food this weekend. We went to our favorite Thai restaurant for his birthday with Karen and Scott, then on Sunday I made these little devils. And of course we had cake, but this year we did a little variation and had cake pops. Yum! Lish is loved.







2 comments:

Doug Griffith said...

What a fun birthday for all of you. You're a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Super celebration and so glad we could be a part of it. Thanks to all who contributed to THE TANK. Lishy is in fishy heaven!! Goody Team