Sunday, March 4, 2012

He Gives Me Fever

Yale turned 15 months old yesterday. This is how we celebrated:

Yes. My baby is sick with a fever. I was really hoping it'd be gone by the time he woke up this morning. You know how sometimes after a good night of sleep, illnesses just magically disappear? Apparently that doesn't happen every time. I wish it did for him. I hate seeing him sick. I hate that I'm not chasing him everywhere because he is really on the move lately. I hate that he doesn't throw his little tantrum scream when he gets frustrated that he isn't putting the puzzle piece on right. I hate that he isn't giggling when I make ridiculous faces at him. I do, however, love the snuggling. It feels warm. Not just because he is really warm, but because he is my little guy. My baby. My heart warmer. I hope he feels better. And soon!

You know how when kids don't feel well they hang on to something special, such as a blanket, or stuffed animal? Yale isn't attached to anything like that at this point (does that mean he never will be?), but yesterday we were giving him some crackers and we gave him one and then went on a walk. He was still holding one of those crackers when we got back. He hung onto that thing for almost an hour before he decided to eat it. Silly little guy. Delicious, sweaty-hand tasting cracker.

2 comments:

Doug Griffith said...

It is a moment like this one, when your child is sick or hurt, that you discover how much you really love them. How much of your heart they possess. Hope he gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with Grandpa Doug: you know how much you love when those you love are hurting. Hope he feels better soon!
Love Grandma & Papa Goody