Friday, March 16, 2012

Yale's 1st Camping Trip

It's Spring break this week (Yay Spring Breeeaaaaakkkkk!!), so a few months ago we decided it would be fun to try camping with Yale. We reserved a campsite in Zion's for a couple of nights. We were a bit ambitious. It's March. Which means it's still winter. Which means it gets cold at night. We were aware of the fact that it would be cold in the middle of the night, so in anticipation for the coldness, we bought a tent/camping heater. It was stupid. Didn't help a lick. Yale woke up around 1am crying, so I went to put his shut-it plug pacifier in and he grabbed me around my neck and wouldn't let go. He was shivering because he was so cold. Poor little guy. I stuck him in my sleeping bag with me, which was great for him. He fell right back asleep and stayed asleep for the rest of the night. I didn't go back to sleep.  At least not for a couple hours. And when I did start dozing off, I would get an arm in my face. Or at one point a leg.

Because of the fact that neither Lish nor I slept well, we cut our trip a little short and came back before we'd have to sleep there again. We were still able to go on four hikes and the weather during the day was lovely. I also got to carry Yale in the backpack and see what all the fuss was about. And I was fussy. My shoulders and back hurt. I'm glad it was a shorter hike. For realsies.

We got an annual pass to get into Zion's, so if anyone wants to join us, please do! This offer expires at the end of March 2013. (Or December 21, 2012.)























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the backpack is becoming a family affair! Here's to warmer hikes and lots more adventures!!

Kristy Carpenter said...

Brant and I will TOTALLY join you in a trip to Zions. No joke! We'll go when it's warmer so Yale can get some REAL camping in.

Anonymous said...

Um...hello! You know we're down for a camping/hiking trip in Zion anytime! Holler!